Monday, September 28, 2009

flags

Yesterday was Puerto Rican Independence Day*. A LOT of people were celebrating, mostly by driving REALLY FAST! With REALLY BIG flags on your car! With LOUD MUSIC!
It was kind of fun. While we watched Lost (I'm finally seeing season 5, thanks Ben), we played something like "watch for the biggest flag to drive by".
It's a whole different game than living in a Mexican neighborhood.

I also went to the movies this weekend! We saw The Informant, the "one where Matt Damon got really fat". Corporate genre-bender. I fell asleep a little bit at the beginning. Rob fell asleep a little bit in the middle. We all were awake for the end though, which was the best part anyway (probably). This movie was pretty good, but mostly because it's based on a true story, and watching someone else's personal crisis is allright.

A car accident woke me up today. Little crash, then yelling. That was it. New street is so noisy.

In other news, we've traded our d'n'd campaign for poker. What happened is, I got realistic with myself when we started talking outfits and voices. As far as poker goes, I'm obviously not great, but didn't lost the most last night, and will maybe even someday get better.



*from Spain. We weren't sure. We checked.

No comments: