Tuesday, December 28, 2010

some things about the movies

1.  On Saturday, for Christmas, we went and saw True Grit.   You ought to go see it.

2.  On Sunday, when it started snowing, we went and saw The Fighter.*  I was expecting a regular (kind of boring) sports movie, featuring Marky Mark's abs.  It was way better than that.  I either didn't know or had forgotten that it was going to go hand-in-hand with this documentary that I just watched about the crack cocaine.  If you've got an hour, you should watch High on Crack Street first, and then maybe hit the Riverview and see the movie.  It is still a sports movie, but the training sequences (etc) are kept at a minimum.  It's a little long.

3.  Yesterday (snowday) I went and saw Jolie and Depp play at espionage in the Tourist.  Twists!  Jewelry!  Mobsters!  Outfits!  Boats!  Guns!  You get it.

*the smartest thing I did Sunday was leave my truck at the Riverview, dead center under the 95.  I'm staying in South Philly, so the next day I just walked over there (saw another movie) and got my truck.  No shoveling, no defrosting.
The dumbest thing I did that day was lose my wallet, I guess under the snow.  Bummer, but not the end of the world.

No comments: