Wednesday, July 25, 2012

fireflies (but not really)

Dedicated readers will remember a couple months ago, when the Craigslist Fairy dropped hundreds of tiny jars into my life.  Ever since, I'm always trying to work out good uses for them.

Here's sort of a "Recollections-of-Your-Childhood-Summers" fun time activity:

(in the light)


(and in the dark!)


A + I spent a few nights making these (with a little glow-in-the-dark paint, tiny paint brushes, tv, and some internet inspiration).  Firefly jars, minus the catching, the accidents, the dead bugs in the morning.

Now just to figure out what (if anything) goes in them...

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Those are great. They'd be fun to drink cocktails out of. In the dark.

Bangs said...

Good call, Shiv. I guess I could do thrift-store glassware too! Hmm.